tiny french washing machine. notice it is only slightly larger than my head. And I have a pinhead.
Here was our brilliant plan:
8:20- Realize it was 8:20.
8:20-30- Frantically gather up random clothes that may or may not need washing. Shove them into grocery bags, because we don't have a laundry basket or clothing carrying thingy.
8:30-Shove clothes into washing machine.
8:30-8:58- Sit in laundromat (for the record, I wrote "laundry mat" twice before I figured out the word is laundromat.) and discuss art.
8:58-8:59- Frantically shove clothes into dryer.
9-9:30- Pray the manager doesn't kick us out before our clothes are done drying. Succeed.
9:31- Grab clothes, shove back in grocery bags, run home as fast as possible because we don't live in the best neighborhood and oh my gosh is that drunk man talking to us and oh no we are not very big or very strong and quick quick enter the gate code and run run inside and pull the door closed and breathe heavily.
9:40-10pm- Hang up clothes on curtain rack, on top of radiator, in the bathroom, on the bedposts, on a chair, and anywhere else we can find. Later be chastised for potentially warping the wood. Apologize. Ask where we should hang the clothes. Be met with response we don't understand. Pretend to understand.
We repeated this cycle about once a week. It was highly effective. Here in the lovely United States, with a laundry mat (oh forget it, I just keep writing it like that) in our apartment complex that doesn't close, in a nice neighborhood...it is an improvement. I will say that. Also, it costs $3 instead of $20.
Also in France they have the smallest washing machines known to man.
Love,
Lizzy ;)
3 comments:
Ah, the joys of 56 Rue Nollet. I had almost forgotten... Thanks for posting this!
No problem. Remember the cute guy at 6 Rue Nollet? I almost wish we could have lived there instead because then maybe he could've been our bodyguard for speed laundry.
Shh don't tell Clad.
lizzy i am currently avoiding a paper by reading your blog, it is great. so thanks for helping me in my quest of procrastination and for this story, i'm laughing and feel some relief.
Post a Comment