Friday, January 30, 2009

wet t-shirt contest

I have some News. With a capital N, apparently,  but no one knows why.

The Thunderbolt (our high school newspaper) goes to press today, which means I've spent collectively 10 hours over the past week in the journalism lab. Or, as the cool kids call it, the j-lab. I am not an editor, but people (including the journalism teacher and editors in chief) mysteriously give me stuff and make me edit it. Its funny, because in the very first issue people were shocked that I was still in the lab at 6 pm because I'm a staffwriter and have absolutely no obligation to do so. Now, editors are forever leaving me their pages to finish/edit/work on. In fact, I think nearly every headline in this paper is mine. Its funny. I'm glad to be of service, though. So that's been fun, and the paper'll come out on Monday. Its sad, because its supposed to be the January issue, but we failed to actually get it out in January. But life goes on, and we're not the New York Times, after all. 

I'm currently being forced to read Heart of Darkness for AP Lit. I hate it with all of my soul. 

My best friend and the love of my existence is doing very well. Things just get better and better. Its sort of freakish, but wonderfully amazing at the same time.

My best girlfriends are amazingly wonderful as well. Today we had a dance party in the lab to Beyoncé. It was fantastic. And I'm currently listening to Beyoncé's "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It"). 

I am trying as hard as I possibly can to find a job, but so far have had no luck. If anyone knows of any openings anywhere let me know!

Love,
Lizzy ;-)


No comments: