Dear Morning,I was just writing to ask you what on earth I have done to be brutally tortured and punished. See, I have this awful cold so I got about 2 hours of sleep and then had to wake up early to take a midterm. It was gray and freezing and snowing when I woke up, and I thought that was rather mean of you. But apparently I had no idea what you had in store.
After I woke up, being completely exhausted, with what seemed to be a cement block for a head, I decided to go and make some tea to make me feel better. This plan miserably backfired, though, because I am an idiot and took the burning hot cup out of the microwave with my bare hands. Then I freaked out and spilled the boiling water all over my hands.
Trying to put out the burning burning death of my hands, I opened up the freezer door. I was greeted not by a burst of cold air, but by a burst of exploding glass bottles of cream soda. Yes, my genius roommates froze soda in glass bottles. (Quick science lesson: water expands when it freezes. When water expands inside of a sealed glass bottle, the bottle explodes. Then when your unsuspecting roommate opens up the freezer, she gets attacked by shards of glass and frozen cream soda. ) So then my hands were not only burned, but full of glass. I went over to the sink and pulled the shards of glass out of my hands and then just stood there bleeding in shock (the emotional, not physical, state). Because seriously? That is just cruel.
After removing the glass from my hands and putting band-aids on them, I realized my midterm was in 15 minutes and I had not even dried my hair. And you can't go out in the snow with wet hair. It becomes frozen hair. So I blowdried my hair and ran to my midterm without even any makeup, but was still 5 minutes late for a 10 minute oral test, which I was so flustered for that I probably failed. I know I missed 3 of the 5 vocab words at the very least.
So in conclusion, morning, I think that you have gone just a little too far this time. Please never do this to me again. If you could just never again put me through a morning involving burning, cutting, freezing, and failing, all in the space of 1 hour, that would be great. Thanks.
Love,
Lizzy.
1 comment:
oh man. That sounds brutal. I'm so sorry! How are your hands?
Post a Comment