Wednesday, July 14, 2010
correlation between diabetic cats and Norwegian schizophrenia patients aged 19-28 in 1927
Did you like my title? I bet you think I'm kidding. No, that's what scientific journal articles are really like. I think that when researchers write titles, they have a special game called "how many ridiculously specific words can we put into one title that are extremely descriptive but render the entire article completely worthless because they are so specific before people completely forget what we were writing about in the first place and thus don't even start reading our article?"
Yes, the title of the game is an example of the game itself.
I don't know if this is a real game, that's just my theory. But I think I will find out whether it's real, because guess what, I'm a research assistant. I know, I know, at 20 years old I, too, can live in a dimly lit hovel in front of a computer doing correlation studies and DNA analysis.
Currently, I'm working with BYU's neuroscience chair on an ecological correlation study connecting infant mortality rates to schizophrenia prevalence and incidence worldwide. No, I'm not kidding. That's really what I'm researching, among other things.
You know, I don't think I'm ever going to be normal, even with serious psychiatric treatment. But I might publish a paper on a completely pointless study!
Love,
Lizzy :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment