Monday, March 7, 2011

mawwiage is what bwings us togevah today

On Saturday one of my very best friends, Laura (the one next to me) got married! For the record, I wrote "marriaged" three times before I got it right. Hahaha.

So naturally, we are all super happy for her. We love Andrew (her now-husband) and are sure they'll be super happy together. We had a great time helping with the shower and talking at the reception. The group of girls you see in that picture have all been best friends since sophomore year of high school. Laura's the first of us to get married. So, it was kinda hard for all of us to adjust to, in all honesty. It is kind of like losing a friend, in a way, I mean, we know not really, but it'll never really be the same either, right?

shower food

I'm having a hard time as of late with my friends and them leaving me. At BYU everything is so transitory and always-changing. It isn't like high school, where you're in the same place with the same people for 4 years. You're seldom with the same people for more than 8 months. And I hate that. I am not the type to make a lot of short-term friends really easily. I make friends, and then those are my friends. FOREVER. If we split paths, it'll take me about a year to come up with new friends.

i enlisted Abs in making the desserts. i blow torched those cupcakes all by myself!!

So, I'm a little sad because Laura is now Wife of Andrew, and it is almost the end of the semester. I'm trying to live with Abs and Mikelle, who have literally become like sisters to me, for the spring/summer at the very least. But JMar (Jesse and Marcus) go back to Oregon until next fall, and in the fall Jesse's probably going to Jerusalem. So basically, my group of friends is being disbanded once more.

Now, Janelle is coming back for the summer, so that's a great comfort to me. I just wish that everyone would stay in the same place and stop leaving me, you know?

Sigh.

Love,
Lizzy

1 comment:

kathleen windsor said...

Yea, mee too - pathetic, huh