Wednesday, December 16, 2009

finals week: MY final week. of life.


Thanks goes to Chelsie for the title of this post. She is very very right. As for the photo above, it describes my current state of mind because:
  1. It is Christmas-y. And there are only 9 days until Christmas! I almost forgot it was Christmas time because of finals.
  2. It is all messy and scattered around. That is my brain. Not on drugs, just how it is normally. Because it is packed with completely irrelevant bits of knowledge I will never use. A.k.a. I have been studying for finals.
  3. It is composed almost entirely of sugar. As am I. College has taught me the true meaning of "You have five seconds to eat whatever you can get your hands on; better not cook or find anything nutritious." Its a great diet though; I've lost 5 pounds.
Yes. I've done 3 of my finals and I think I did remarkable well on all of them. That is the good news. The bad news is that they were my English, French, and Dance finals. Yes, my best subjects. So the remaining ones are my worst subjects that I need to do extremely well on to save my grade.

On the other hand, I have finally found a perfect study spot. I thought I found one on the 4th floor but then it was by a window which seemed like a good idea until I was sitting there sweating and also realized that while I chose a study carrel for privacy, the entire room full of tables could see me. And many were staring. You know what, I had a 7 am final, I'm sorry I didn't shower. Geez. So then I went to go check the 5th floor, but I didn't want to lose my spot, so I left my stuff on the 4th floor. I found a great carrel on the 5th floor in a nice, cool, quiet corner where all the books are in Hebrew or something so I have to focus. But I realized I didn't want to lose that spot either. I considered both removing my shirt and my shoes to try to save it, but when I realized the desperation of those actions, I decided instead to spread out some books to make it look like someone was studying there. So I grabbed the first books I saw. Apparently I'm studying transactions of the American Philological Association, Geschichte der Sprachtheorie, and Sweimal Sprache. I have no idea what any of those things are.

I desperately need to be studying. So why am I blogging? No one knows.

Love,
Lizzy ;)

No comments: