Thursday, September 1, 2011

i'm not saying bombing half of BYU would be a good thing. i'm just saying there would be benefits.

Ah, BYU. Such a beautiful campus. Such qualified instructors. Such high, LDS-approved standards. The only problem is that there are about 20,000 more people than I would like. The concentration of people per square inch on BYU campus from 9am to 3pm is greater than even Hong Kong's busiest hour. But today, as I was being buffetted by the Cast of Thousands of overworked, overstressed, overachieving students (yes! already! I can hear the complaints of the insane workload and business on four cell phones from my current location), I happened to run into Mikelle. The following conversation ensued:

Mk: "What chances are these?"
Me: "30,000 to one! How are you?"
Mk: "So tired. I stayed up late doing reading and I got up early to finish reading and then class was canceled and I used the word 'freaking' for the first time. You?"
Me: "Really, really tired."
Mk: "Why?"
Me: "School. Work. Humans."
Mk: "Books. Paper. Pens. Plastic."
Me: "Bacon."
Mk: "Pagan?"
Me: "Yeah. Those Pagan rituals take up so much of my time."
Mk: "I know, me too."
Me: "I wish we weren't Pagan."

The rest of the conversation was mostly twitching and laughs.

My life is weird.

1 comment:

kathleen windsor said...

dear pagan -
weird, yes, but funny, funny, funny
loveya -gma