Tuesday, January 12, 2010

bad pickup line of the day.


The BYU Creamery is famous, at least in my life, for the worst pickup lines I have ever heard.

For example, two of the most recent:

"I know why you're wearing a flower in your hair." "Why?" "Because you like...flowers."

and my personal favorite,

"Hey, you could just throw your hair out the window and wait for your prince to come." "Um..haha..." "Like, Rapunzel, you know? D'ya get it?"

Today's went a bit like this.

I was at the creamery, waiting to pay, and debating about which line to choose. An ordinary-looking guy was at the end of one of the lines. He saw me debating and said, "This line is for republicans only." I was completely confused and just stared at him like an idiot, while shifting around towards the other line. "I was kidding," he explained, "It was a joke." "Oh," I said, "Haha..." Knowing he'd blown it, he paid for his gum and exited, "So...er...see ya."

It was only when I got home that I realized I'd been wearing a blue jacket and a blue striped shirt, like the symbol for democrats. I had to look this up, though, because I'm completely oblivious to all things political.

Well, guy from the store, I hope someday you find a girl who understands your political pickup lines.

Love,
Lizzy.

No comments: