I love being a Psychology major. And I love being a French minor. I know this is only my second semester at BYU, but I promise, I know enough to love it.For one, I love other Psychology majors. Really, its like being in a room full of people who are perfectly compatible with one another. Normally, I despise group projects. But both my psychology classes so far have required them. And I have loved both of my groups. Seriously. Doing group projects was equally as fun, and sometimes even more, than hanging out with people I actually chose to be friends with. Psychology majors are awesome. Psychologists themselves are awesome. I've never met a boring psychologist, or one who wasn't absolutely hilarious. I adore psychology. Which is odd, I mean it makes no sense really, I just feel in love with it during AP Psychology my Senior year of high school. Why psychology? The french-speaking ballet-dancing art student, the one who always hated math and science, is a psychology major?? Yep. Completely nonsensical. My only explanation is that I love it because my Heavenly Father is giving me some tender mercies: helping me love what He wants me to do.
My History of Psychology class this semester is 2 and a half hours long once a week. I was nervous about this, but it turns out its the best choice I ever made. The class is incredible. Even my philosophy classes, which I was very hesitant to take, are fascinating.
And as for being a French minor? Je l'aime. I adore the French language, the French people who understand my bluntness, the French professors who are all so adorable and earnest. Love. Love. Love.
Actually, I really, really like ALL of my classes this semester. It is literally a Godsend. If only I weren't such a slacker, I bet school would even be going well. I will have to stop slacking. Make me stop slacking. And procrastinating.
Love,
Lizzy ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment