We were right in the middle of the end-of-workday rush. The trains were so packed, people were smashed up again the glass on both sides. The gendarmes of the Metro were standing by to shove people into the train. Or pull them out before they got crushed by the automatic sliding doors.
We rushed onto the platform. Just then, the ominous EEEEEERRRR sounded. The terrifying noise the trains make when the doors are about to close.
We knew the next train would be no less crowded. Did we dare risk being crushed in the doors as we tried to fight our way onto the train?
I've been terrified of "the sound" since we first arrived here. Could I overcome fear of the EEERRR?
I did it. The merciless doors slammed closed where, just milliseconds before, my body had been.
I have won the EEERR.
Love,
Lizzy ;)
1 comment:
So THAT is why Frenchwomen are so slender !
Post a Comment