Sunday, May 23, 2010

gymnasts, pirates, and VELOCIRAPTERS! LOL!

this was taken at Disneyland Paris, inside a pirate cave, with the prompt being "Look like a pirate!"

There aren't really any velociraptors in this post. It was mostly a joke, I'm very tired. And when I am tired, I am virtually drunk. Seriously, just ask the guy on the RER train who was cracking up at us as we staggered into it last night at 1 am. Nothing says, "I'm completely wasted!!" like shouting, "Why is everything so funny right now??!" through tears of laughter. The effect is even better if, due to your staggering inability to walk in a straight line and simultaneously being on a vehicle moving at 200 mph, you've actually fallen on the ground of the train and said something really strange like, "OMG, it's the ghost of Mickey Mouse!!"

Anyways. I am now getting to the "gymnast" part of this post. At one point in my life, I was in really excellent shape. Then I stopped doing colorguard, and things sort of went in a.... different... direction. One time this really uppity gymnast was all, "Hey, let's go run around that lake." And I was like, "No." And she was like, "Come on, it will help you get back in shape." I became very aggressive and defensive and pulled out my evil eyes. "I AM IN SHAPE!!! I RUN TWO MILES EVERY DAY!!!" I extrapolated. "Well, you don't look like it," Ms. Perfect Gymnast Champion of the World sneered. This is a scarring event I will never be able to forget. It is burned onto my memory, like the actual scar that I burned onto my hand once while I was ironing. Also the scar from where I burned myself making cookies that one time. And the scar from when I poured boiling water onto myself in an attempt to stop burning myself on a hot mug.

My brilliancy amazes even me sometimes.

You know, I feel like when I sat down to write this, I had some sort of point...

Love,
Lizzy ;)


No comments: