GOING TO THE GROCERY STORE RIGHT NOW: Pro/Con list
PROS
- I will no longer be starving.
- I can buy chapstick and then my lips won't hurt.
- I can buy Advil and then my head won't hurt.
- If I eat, I will both feel better and probably not instantaneously gain 20 pounds.
- The store is only a 5 minute walk away, which won't kill me. Unlike starving to death.
CONS
- I am terrified my card won't work and I only have 5 euros.
- I will probably be glared at because I have an accent.
- Maybe the cashier will be mean and I won't know if it's because she thinks I'm a tourist or just because she's French and this will cause an intense internal dilemma.
- If I keep eating so much I will probably come home 2o pounds heavier, and my jeans fit perfectly as it is, so I will also come home a pants-free zone.
- It is really cold.
- I am afraid of spending money. What if I need it for something that's REALLY important, like shoes? And then I can't buy them because I wasted all my money on something as dumb as food?
- Maybe the store isn't even open because it's Fete de la Victoire. Then I will have wandered around in the cold for nothing.
It may appear that I have more cons than pros. That's because I have more cons than pros. But thank you, Maslow's hierarchy of needs, for the fact that regardless of how many cons there are, just writing this post is making me hungrier and hungrier. So I'm going to end up going to the store anyways.
Yay.
Love,
Lizzy :)
3 comments:
But you can buy something to celebrate whatever holiday it is and perhaps not SAY anything at all?
Sounds like an adventure !
P.S. is church in French, too ?
It is impossible not to say anything, you have to buy things, you can't act like a mute zombie, that's rude. And yes, church is in French :) It is a French ward.
You are hilarious. Jaime and I laughed so hard. Also, you should save your money and buy me a souvenir. Jaime says you should buy her a plane ticket. I would like you to compare those two and note how low-maintenance I am. Also I love you for who you are, not for your money. Unlike the person standing next to me.
Post a Comment