Friday, April 22, 2011

moving out and the french riviera

Well, finals are over. I can't say they went well, but I can say they're over and I'm pretty happy about that. Free! Free as a bird!

Not quite free just yet, though, because two days after the end of finals we have to be out of our house. So that's what we've been doing. Our house is a disaster, honestly, but our goal is to have everything out today by 6. Abbie, Mikelle and I will be rooming together at Roman Gardens, and Caj is moving home. I can't say I'm excited, per se...I don't want to leave our house. I love it so. But it's just too pricey, and we are students.

Marcus left for ye olde Oregon yesterday. It was sad. We'll miss him. Jesse's going to be here for another week, so that's nice, but yeah. I'm not lovin' this part of summer if it means my best friends are leaving me!

Also, isn't it weird that a year ago right now I was preparing to leave for Paris? I still can't really believe I went to Europe by myself and did all that crazy stuff. I just went through my pictures from Nice and I could die, I love them so much. That was such a happy time in my life. I remember it so clearly, too--how warm and humid it was, so you were never really dry, how it smelled, the pebble beaches, the Casino (it's a grocery store in french, not a casino) that we bought our food at. Haggling over towel prices. Figuring out the bus system. The marche aux puces (flea market). Even the vending machines where we bought our precious Bounty candy bars. I want to go back there, right now. I'm so glad I did that while I had the chance!

All right. On to packing, mi amigos.

Love,
Lizzy ;)

No comments: