Well, so once upon I time I'm retarded and I hit a building with my car. It's not as bad as it sounds; it was an abandoned storefront and I only broke one window panel. I had reversed into a parking spot and I was waiting for a friend. He came out and got in the car. Forgetting the car was in park, I hit the gas lightly. To my surprise, the car went slightly backwards. Sometimes my truck has a transmission problem where you have to give it a bit of gas to get it to start driving. I assumed this problem was happening and the truck was rolling backwards. So I gave it more gas. To my intense surprise, the truck began moving backwards more rapidly. I panicked. The further backwards I got, the more I floored it, because I just couldn't comprehend why this was happening. Then I hit a building.
I was really really really really upset when it first happened, because guess what, I'M BROKE. Absolutely 100% flat broke. I can't pay for a freakin' new window, I can't even buy groceries. Thankfully my mother, who admittedly has done her fair share of that sort of thing, was very understanding and did not kill me.
However. Things got more complicated when somehow, instead of going through me, whoever the crap owns the abandoned storefront started going through my mom and stepdad. Since no one ever told me anything, I just waited to hear back from them. Then my mom said they were handling it. No one ever told me anything still. Yesterday my mom said they'd been busy and hadn't gotten around to it and could I get some quotes. Today I met with someone to get a quote.
Guess what. The window is repaired--and they decided to fix the whole storefront while they were at it, and are going to charge me for the whole thing.
Now I have to come up with 5 grand. I have NO POSSIBLE WAY to do that. I have tried everything, absolutely everything I can possibly do to get a job. I have applied everywhere. Everywhere. There is no savings, I've been out of work for 2 months.
There is no solution. Just kill me now.
2 comments:
I'm sorry! So you don't have insurance to pay for this? I wish you would have called Alan. He does windows and could've helped you out!!!
I tried to get a different quote for the windows, but they fixed it with their own people without even asking me ;( Thanks though Ash, you're the best :)
Post a Comment