My worst one was probably the one I had last week. It was for an HR position at BYU Broadcasting. I am qualified for the position, but when I went in for the interview, I suddenly realized my brain had decided to take that particularly inconvenient moment to go on vacation. Whatever entity it left behind lacked the ability to coherently answer even the simplest questions. Every question I was asked, I would just start talking, and five minutes later realize I had no idea where the sentence was going, I hadn't answered the question, and I'd just said, "I put the most important things first" at least five times. I think during the course of the interview, I said, "I put the most important things first" at least 27 times. Needless to say, I did not actually get the job.
But this interview yesterday, I had all of my mental faculties firing on all pistons. I think I managed to pull off a professional, if a bit shy, interview. The lady seemed to like me, and I really really really hope she hires me. I'll hear back by next Thursday. So everyone pray, okay? I need this job.
Because! Yesterday we also planned our road trip, which we will be taking from August 8th-17th. Four girls. Five cities. Nine days. It will be...
the ULTIMATE ROAD TRIP
Abbie, Mikelle, Cajin and I will be driving from Provo to Abbie's home in Great Falls, Montana, to Mikelle's home in Deer Park, Washington, to a friend's wedding reception in Salem, Oregon, to a friend's wedding reception in Eugene, Oregon, to Jesse and Marcus's homes in Tillamook, Oregon.
Holy cow it is going to be intense. 45 hours of driving and 2600 miles. Awesome. But I can't go unless I get a job, and fast. Cross all your fingers and toes for me!
Love,
Lizzy ;)
Lizzy ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment