Tuesday, June 7, 2011

well, there's good news, and then there's bad news.

I've decided to start with the bad news, so we can end on a cheery note.

Chad and I broke up. It was his decision, not mine. I don't understand why. Trust me, I'm as shocked as you are. I've been nothing but faithful and supportive, I've never so much as held hands with another guy or even been on one single date since he left 14 months ago. I've been writing and emailing, and as far as I can tell, I didn't do anything wrong. Just a month ago he was all, "I can't wait to marry you" and all that crap. So yeah, no idea what caused this.

The worst part was he didn't even tell me. He told his mother. She ended our relationship on Facebook, so I actually had to call her to find out why and hear it secondhand. I didn't exactly react with shining colors, and it wasn't my proudest moment. But I don't really feel bad. I'm kind of glad she's angry with me, because their family holds grudges for all of eternity and so I couldn't get back with him even if he wanted to. Which he will. Because this is what he does. Although he's never broken up with me before...

It's....you know, it sucks. Big time. I feel like a huge fool for trusting him. I wish I had listened to the signs and chosen rationally rather than trusting my heart. But he asked me to marry him, for goodness' sakes. It's not as if I ever expected this to happen. I still don't know why.

But I'm permanently done. It's over. I've asked him not to contact me again at any point. We are not staying friends, and most of his immediately family has either deleted me or blocked me on Facebook. That hurts, but it's definitely conclusive. You know everything I know, so please no questions, and pity and sympathy really bother me. I'm not ready to talk about it. Thanks for respecting that.

The good news is, I got a job! I'm working Mondays through Fridays from 10am to 6pm for a company called Ancestry.com. I'm essentially indexing records for money. It's a good job, and I'm glad to have it. I will likely continue with that job and work 20 hours a week during the school year, if I like it. I hope I will, it seems like a great place to work.

Love,
Lizzy.

2 comments:

Margot Crandall said...

Just to tell you, the same thing happened with me and my missionary. i know it's hard, but I can't even tell you how much my life has changed for the best the past year since it happened. Just remember everything happens for a reason, and your life will become what you want it to be if your put in the effort. Stay strong!

Ashley said...

His loss. Seriously!