Saturday, May 3, 2008

the links to the right

I've got a few links to the right of this post under the title "Things Worth Sharing". I'm going to take a minute to explain why I've chosen to list these websites...

Blueprint:
Blueprint was a great lifestyle design magazine that, unfortunately, went out of business. However, they keep up an excellent blog featuring all sorts of new fashion and interior design products, as well as DIY ideas and insights. 

Cupcake Bakeshop:
I absolutely adore cupcakes. Cupcake Bakeshop lists beautiful photos and in-depth recipes for making some very new, different, and avant-garde cupcakes. They're a bit extreme for me, but I take ideas from her cupcakes, and her basic recipes can be mismatched--they're very good.

Design*Sponge:
D*s put me on the map when it comes to design blogging. It was the first design blog I ever saw, and it is still my favorite. The author writes playfully, takes beautiful photographs, and has some of the best ideas and product finds of anyone. She's always on top of the trends, interior-designwise.

Harrison:
Drake Frost is a friend of mine with some cool and different ideas about life. His blog is sporadic and oriented with his personal life, much like this blog.

Meow Mix:
The best blog of all!! This is my design blog. Posts are seldom during the school year, but in the summer design style abounds.

Oh Joy!:
Another excellent design blog with fresh diction and lovely images.

Squeetus:
Shannon Hale, a successful, hilarious, witty and exceptionally compassionate author friend of mine, writes about books, writing, her family, and her life.

Tess:
Another good friend, Tess also has a new perspective to share. She's too busy to post often, so when she does, she says things that really matter.

Love,
Lizzy :-)

No comments: